Quality management in tourism
In view of the high economic importance of tourism for the Ostholstein district, the funding and further development of the tourism industry is one of our focal tasks.
With the goal of providing attractive experiences for guests seeking recreation and nature in Ostholstein and guaranteeing a sustainable and viable tourism region, our focus is on creating and ensuring high-quality framework conditions for tourism companies and stakeholders.
Due to the favourable natural conditions and the good infrastructure on the coast and inland, the main topics of cycling and water tourism are of particular importance to us. For instance, we are actively involved in the Wassertourismus in Schleswig-Holstein e.V. (WiSH) and participate in quality assurance for the digital bicycle path infrastructure.
Promoting inter-municipal cooperation and involvement in our broad tourism network is a particular concern of ours.
- Product development and marketing for the surfing and fishing divisions of Wassertourismus in Schleswig-Holstein e.V. (WiSH)
- Coordination and safeguarding of the tourist bicycle path signposting in Ostholstein
- Participation in the supra-regional funding project "Development concept for an environmentally compatible attractiveness and sustainable quality assurance of the Schwentine water hiking trail”
- Representation of tourism interests at tourism, marketing, administrative and political levels
- Quality assurance of the tourist accommodation offer by organising DTV training courses
Campsites awarded for environmental protection
The camping and vacation park "Wulfener Hals" and the "Inselcamp Fehmarn" set a notable example for the compatibility of leisure time and nature conservation: Due to their activities in the field of sustainability and water management, the companies were awarded with the European environmental prize "EMAS Awards" as well as with the EU ecolabel in the past years.